Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mr. & Mrs. Paper Artsy & Family



Woo!!!!!!!! Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't win first place . . . but I qualified for "highly recommended" for my entry in the Paper Artsy Big Fat Competition contest for May 21, 2008 . . .


My family friend/stamping buddy, Lori Tokita, encouraged me to alter a papier mache box . . . that introduced me to 3-dimensional objects . . . I found this charming wooden bird house at Joann's for only one dollar which became my altered object for the contest . . .


I painted gesso and Liquitex Basic White acrylic paint on the birdhouse . . . the trim was painted with Joann's Magenta Craft Paint . . . inked the School Boy and Strange Little Girls in Kaleidacolor Spectrum . . . spritzed the stamp with denatured alcohol (I hope this doesn't damage my stamps!!!! YIKES!!!!! LOL!!!!) . . . let it drip until I was happy with the result . . . let it dry . . . huffed on it to re-moisten . . . stamped it on white glossy Kromekote cardstock . . . the other images were stamped with the Spectrum Kaleidacolor without spritzing . . .


The stamped cardstock was trimmed to fit and adhered with PVA Glue . . . then sprayed with Krylon Triple Thick Crystal Clear Glaze with plenty of ventilation . . . let dry . . .


The charms were inspired by Sharon Diskin from LuminArte . . . they are shrink plastic stamped with Staz On ink . . . beads and charms were added to embellish . . .


Whew!!! I now have a new respect for 3-dimensional artists!!!!

12 comments:

Cory said...

Beautiful...love everything about it including the colors.

Cory

Passionforstamping said...

What a terrific piece of art, Michi!

Dianne K.

Lori T. said...

Ooooo!!!! So....When are you going to start selling your art like Nick Bantock?!

Anonymous said...

Michi, my gosh this is gorgeous. What an awesome piece!! Love it!

Francine said...

Michi splendid art work... Love it all over... LOL! Now we know what you've been up to...!!!

Francine

Sandie R said...

Very cool looking family home. I love it!!

Heather Robinson said...

What an absolutely fascinating altered birdhouse. I just keep enlarging the photos to see all of the details....and there are many! Very inspirational.

The Artful Eye said...

Hi Michi,
We met in a class at Stamping Details. Now I'm trying to remember which one. Glad to see you here.

Andrea

Beautiful assemblage.

Linda said...

I saw your birdhouse on PaperArtsy. It looks georgeous, Michi! Wonderful colors, but I like the charms best! Congrats :)

SueHart said...

Whata fantastic creation, very different!! xx

Cat Stegall said...

Absolutely love this and am going to try one for myself! Great inspiration!! Thanks for making my head full of ideas...
catartnsoul.blogspot.com

Sherry Goodloe said...

Love this piece you did Michi!