Saturday, December 27, 2008
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about these eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag eight people and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave a comment telling them they've been tagged and to read your blog.
Here goes . . .
1. I'm a short, chubby, old Asian broad with dyed hair who is an actress wanna-be.
2. I am fortunate to have a normal dysfunctional family!! YUCK! YUCK!!!!!!
3. My "smeller" is broken.
4. I love Julian Pie Company's Natural Apple Pie from San Diego . . . it's sweetened with apple cider instead of sugar . . . YUM!!!!!!! Tastes homemade!!!
5. I think retirement is a GREAT INVENTION!!!!!!!
6. I enjoy being mostly a couch potato with dh#2 . . . he watches TV while I do beading in the evening.
7. I don't have to do the laundry ever since I turned dh#2's underwear PINK!!!! LOL!!!!
8. I like station wagons!!!! I am SO boring!!! LOL!!
Here are the eight people I am tagging . . .
1. Gloria Alexander
2. Peggy Gatto
3. Val Foster
4. Cindy Elliott-Park
5. Sharon House
6. Reva Solomon
7. Marva Plummer-Bruno
8. Michelle Secretario
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Here are the rules for this award . . .
1. Please put the logo on your blog. 2. Place a link to the person from whom you received the award. 3. Nominate at least 7 or more blogs. 4. Put the links of those blogs on your blog. 5. Leave a message on their blogs to tell them.
My nominations are as follows:
1. Donalda Cox
2. Sherre Hulbert
3. Cassia Maria Nasser
4. Burning Rubber
5. Cynthia Powell
6. Laura Kay
7. Kelly Kilmer
Saturday, November 22, 2008
My beading hobby has been my saving grace right now since my dear 85 year-old MIL#2 fell four weeks ago . . . I was able to take it to the hospital with me while she was there for 10 days and then to the assisted living home to visit with her while she is recuperating from complications of the fall . .
These beaded cards are projects from my beading class with Sylvia Valle at the Rancho Santa Margarita Community Center where she teaches Adult Education classes . . . the beading has been so therapeutic during the family illness . . . I am so fortunate to have found this additional hobby!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
St. Mark's Square . . . during high tide . . . sometimes it floods . . .
Our room at the Hotel Savoia and Jolanda right on the canal a short walk from St. Mark's Cathedral . . .
This was such an amazing vacation . . . it's a special one with all the sights, sounds, tastes, (oh, the food is divine!!!!! LOL!!!!) and experiences!!! I was so glad to experience it with my family . . .
Here we are in a water taxi from the train station onward to our hotel in Venice . . . my sister, Janice . . . myself . . . my cousin, Jeanne . . . my sister, Norma . . . my brother-in-law, Bob . . .
Venice is a series of canals and islands build in a marshland . . . it is slowly sinking into the water and can actually have water in the sidewalks and plaza areas in high tide . . .
Lookie how close to the water this door is . . . it is totally amazing!!!!
What a magnificent view from the winery . . .
We were able to sit at tables in the winery to taste their wines . . .
This charming village is Greve in Chianti . . . instead of the town square being open for the public . . . this village has decided to make it a parking lot . . . land is so scarce here . . . the parking lot is very full . . .
This small church services Greve in Chianti . . .
The duomo in Siena is majestic with beautiful gold leafing and sculptures . . .Inside the duomo . . . we were fortunate to have arrived in October when they uncover the protected art on the floors for us to view . . . it was simply fascinating . . .
Beautiful art is everywhere . . . the outside . . . the inside . . . the floors . . . the ceilings . . . the artifacts . . . they even have a space set aside for gifts from those who wish to leave an object of gratitude to the Virgin Mary for saving their lives . . . I even saw motorcycle helmets in that area . . .
This is my brother-in-law, Bob, and his wife (my sister) Norma . . .
I was totally surprised at my older sister walking straight up to the top of the hill . . . Jeanne and I pooped out and ate a Gelato (Italian Ice Cream) YUM!! YUM!!!
We walked to the train station many times to catch our tour buses . . . this time we went to Pisa where we saw the Piazza dei Miracoli . . . construction which began in 1063 . . .
This is only a "fair" pic of me "holding up" the Leaning Tower of Pisa . . . my sister took a better one, but it's still in her camera . . . there were lots of us tourists taking pictures like this one!!! LOL!!!
I apologize for the blurry pictures . . . this was at night and it was difficult to get a clear picture of the stores on Ponte Vecchio where lots of jewelry and leather could be found for sale . . .
This is a photo of Ponte Vecchio across the water from the neigboring bridge . . .
My two sisters, cousin, and brother-in-law had lunch in this quaint restaurant between buildings . . . the land is so valuable that so much is built up . . .
My brother-in-law just loves his new BlackBerry phone/text-messaging/internet access/email toy!!!
The Duomo (cathedral) has a distinctive skyline . . . it was started in 1296 . . . it is fascinating to see the different styles change in parts of the cathedral as the centuries changed from Romanesque . . . to Gothic . . . to Baroque in some of the buildings . . . how totally fascinating!!!!