Friday, January 30, 2009
I have the pleasure and priviledge of nominating 7 bloggers with outstanding art and sharing with the art community . . . here are my 7 nominees . . .
1. Suze Weinberg
2. Nettie Moss
3. Kelly Burton
5. Toni Curtis
7. Shar Briss
Please feel free to click on their highlighted names to link to their blogs!!!! THANK YOU, again, Sue!!!!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Suzanne McNeill, author of Creative Dyeing for Fabric Arts published by Design Originals (it must be so new it wasn't on the website yet) . . . had a workshop using permanent markers on coffee filters . . . a cloth doll . . . and a silk scarf . . . everyone's came out differently . . . what fun!!!!
This sample is from the Creatively Green Metal Raku Workshop taught by Rebekah Meier and Barbara Matthiessen . . . Rebekah taught painting and metalwork techniques using tools from Walnut Hollow . . . Barbara Matthiessen is from the company Earth's Safe Finishes, paints and mediums that are environmentally friendly . . . I was amazed at the amount of pigment in the colors and, yet, they were "green" . . .
CHA had much to offer . . . I didn't get to see everything in detail, but what an exciting opportunity to be there in person!!! Wow!!!!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
The first scan is of a inkjet print onto the prepared Digital Grounds . . . I love the way it was simple to "trim" the transparency using a brush dipped in water rubbing gently on the areas I wished to remove . . . I added color to the back of the transparency with acrylic paint on the evening gown . . .
The second scan is the transparency on a colored and textured background . . .
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Friday, January 2, 2009
Seven things I love:
1. I love that fact that I was lucky enough to find dh#2 whom I wish to grow old with (he's say . . . what do you mean . . . you ARE old!!!! LOL!!!) . . .
2. I love the fact that I am descended from simple, hard-working people . . . I miss my parents very much . . .
3. I love my normal dysfunctional family . . . heck . . . if we were perfect, we wouldn't be human!!!! LOL!!!!
4. I love my in-person and internet friends . . . they have brought so much joy into my life . . .
5. I love to laugh . . .
6. I love to make art with friends . . . it's a social thing to me . . .
7. I love harmony in my life . . .
7 deserving bloggers I'd like to pass along this award to. It's such an educational and pleasureable experience to visit the blogs of others.