Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Spritz . . . Drip . . . Splatter Technique

One of my 43 Yahoo Groups (Yes, I know . . . I must be obsessive/compulsive or something!!! Sheesh!! LOL!!!) . . . not all of which I am active, of course, had a second 120-page Technique Swap in February 2009 . . . the first one was AWESOME . . . I received 120 incredible techniques from 119 other mixed media artists!!! I decided to put my technique on my blog to share with others and for clarification to my fellow swappers . . . here's a photo of some of my pages drying in my craft room . . .

I made homemade color spritzers from 1 teaspoon Ranger Adirondack dye re-inkers and added distilled water to fill a 2 oz. spritzer bottle from Wal Mart I purchased for 50 cents each . . . I used a cardboard box to place my cardstock in for spritzing . . . DON'T ASK ME WHY!!!!! (Whadda mess I made!!!!!) Sheesh!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spritzed the first color sort of horizontally into the cardboard box . . . I held the cardstock vertically to let the color drip . . . then placed it down flat when I was happy with the result . . . let dry . . .

I did the same with the second color . . .

I then made a "mask" by using my die cut machine to cut out a butterfly and lay it on top of my cardstock . . .

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I love your technique. Can't wait to receive it in the fat book. Gotta get started on mine, have cut out all the pages, just have to paint them to prep.

Rose Crawford said...

Very thoughtful blogg