Friday, June 19, 2009

More Traci Bautista inspired work . . .

Taking Traci Bautista's workshop really re-charged my muse . . . I took out my acrylic paints to make this ATC and card for a yahoo group I'm in . . . after I used 2-3 colors in the background . . . I used a wide angle plastic palette knife with a bit of paint . . . a plastic putty knife would work just as well . . . . I bought a set of three at WalMart for about $2 . . . pushed it down into the painting surface and lifted it straight up to get a nice texture on it . . . I repeated it in several places . . . The images are all A Stamp in the Hand stamped in black pigment ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder . . .My second piece is a xeroxed color copy of a Traci Bautista inspired background I did with acrylic paint . . . I added Liquitex Acrylic Glaze Medium and Golden Soft Gel Gloss to add dimension to the background . . . The image is from The Stampsmith . . . if you ask Estelle . . . Estelle@stampsmith.net . . . she'll email you her AWESOME movie star images she has available in rubber . . . I made my Audrey Hepburn image into a packing tape transfer, adhered it to the card . . . then beaded the edge . . . It's so much fun to get back to acrylic paints!

5 comments:

One Creative Queen said...

Hey Michi - Once again, you've out-done yourself! You must have had a great - not to mention inspirational - time at Traci's workshop. She is so cool - I love her style!

You did s terrific job emulating her style, while at the same time making the pieces yours. I love everything you did and would be hard-pressed to choose a favorite. Fantastic job - I'm glad you shared your awesome eye candy. Then again, I always love looking at what your incredibly talented creative spirit has come up with. Your stuff always lights a fire under my muse...who tends to be quite lazy until she sees something really creative and fun! xx

Rockin Robin Caldwell said...

I wish I was retired so that I could play as much as you do!!! Your work is both amazing and inspiring!! Miss ya chickie!! Hisses, Rockin Robin

Wanda H said...

Michi, these are gorgeous... makes me want to get my paints out right now :-))

purplepaint said...

Michi - love all your Traci Bautista inspired pages! I have her DVD and love it!!! Her style is a lot of fun! And I see you got to take a workshop with Tim, you lucky!!! I love his stuff!!! Marva

Marilyn said...

Very nice, Michi. You do very well with the mixed media/acrylic. Love both of these. I have to say the Audrey Hepburn seems magic - almost as if she were here. The colors are great and do I see some beading on the side????