Saturday, January 23, 2010

Craft Super Show dot Com

This year we were lucky enough to have CHA Convention (which is for wholesalers/retailers in the craft industry) hold a CraftSuperShow Convention for the public the two days before CHA started in Anaheim, CA . . . I went for both days and I'm glad I did . . . there was PLENTY to see and participate in demo's and Make It Take It's . . . I even saw one of my very favorite Mixed Media Artists, Chris Cozen, who introduced her newest book . . . MIXED MEDIA AND COLOR . . . published by Design Originals . . . here's a photo of Chris Cozen and myself and she's holding up a copy of the book! I LOVE her books and techniques!!!!!
One of the booth workers was wearing a GORGEOUS necklace that her friend made for her . . . I just had to take a picture of it and show you . . .
I know I need another hobby like a hole in the head . . . but my mixed media buddy, Marilyn Gallas and I couldn't pass up this quilted postcard which only took 30 minutes to make at the Janome Sewing Machine booth . . .
This charming card was a Make It Take It at the Joann's booth using K & Company Papers . . . it was so easy yet it looks so delightful!
I hope they decide to hold the CraftSuperShow in Anaheim again next year . . . I would LOVE to attend for both days, again!!!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Michi! I'm so jealous! It looks like you had a fabulous time and learned so much! I just bought Chris Cozen's first book, lots of great info!

Marilyn said...

Great pic of you and Chris. I'm so envious. One of these days I will get to take a class from her. Thanks for the link back.

Marilyn said...

Would you believe I can't find these dimensional flowers at JoAnn's????