Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I'm loving these acrylic paints!

I'm loving playing with these acrylic paints especially since I took that workshop with Traci Bautista recently . . . her colors and whimsical technique is truly "freeing" . . . here are a couple of cards I made for my Persnickety group (one of my 49 Yahoo groups . . . not all active, of course!!! LOL!!!!!!)

The first one has a Stampsmith image of Audrey Hepburn (my personal favorite!!!) . . . if you would like to see her FABULOUS stamp images of movie stars . . . be sure to email the owner at Estelle@stampsmith.net and she will email them to you . . . they are not on her website . . .

I'm in LOVE with this image of a vintage car from the Tim Holtz Collection at Stampers Anonymous . . . I use it a LOT!!!!! LOL!!!!

I painted onto a page of a vintage book page from a used book store . . . Audrey is actually stamped with Ranger Archival ink onto the sticky side of ordinary clear packing tape (from WalMart or any office supply store) . . . let dry . . . paint the back with acrylic paint such as Liquitex Unbleached Titanium (I mixed it with Portrait Pink for the flesh color) or Golden's Titanium Buff . . . let dry . . . adhere to background with Liquitex Gloss Medium & Varnish . . .
This kitty ATC has images from Magenta and the little silhouette kitties are from the now closed PSX Company . . . the kitty sticker is from Michael's.

These acrylic paints are TOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!! LOL!!!

3 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

And I love what you're doing with them! *smiles*

Anonymous said...

Cats, that surprised me - but i shouldn't be surprised at being surprised by you - Kerry

A Note From The Queen said...

aren't acrylics just awesome awesome awesome!!!! Love the colors!